Insurance claim in UAE
A minor road accident can cause to get medical aid and the reparation of vehicles. Luckily, Auto (bike, car, truck, bus) insurance is essential in the UAE and covers all costs incurred in the accident. If you opt for a complete insurance policy or car insurance plan, a post-accident insurance claim can cause mental stress. After a car accident, an individual can file an insurance claim, and the insurance company or third party is responsible for taking care of the bills.
We (Eric law international) will guide you about filing a car insurance claim in the UAE.
If you are involved in a car accident in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), it is important to take certain steps to ensure your safety and protect your rights. The following steps should be taken as soon as possible after a car accident:
- Stop your vehicle and make sure everyone is safe: Check yourself and your passengers for injuries and call for emergency medical assistance if needed.
- Call the police: Report the accident to the police. They will come to the scene, investigate the accident and prepare an accident report.
- Exchange information with the other driver: Get the name, address, phone number, and insurance information of the other driver and the license plate number of the vehicle.
- Take pictures of the accident scene: Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the other vehicle, as well as any other relevant details such as skid marks, road signs or traffic lights.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t feel injured, it is important to seek medical attention as some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact your insurance company: Inform your insurance company of the accident and provide them with all the relevant information, including the accident report and pictures of the damage.
- Keep all the documents: Keep all the documents related to the accident, including the accident report, medical reports, and insurance documents.
It is important to note that in case of any serious injuries or fatalities, the police may take the driver into custody until the investigation is completed. According to the UAE law, in case of death, serious injury or material damage, the driver responsible for the accident must remain at the scene until the police arrive.
Additionally, the UAE has a strict liability law, which means that the driver who caused the accident is responsible for compensating the victims regardless of whether the accident was their fault or not.
What steps should be taken after a car accident in UAE
After the accident driver should try to place the car offside the road. After that, the driver should call to police helpline to file a report immediately.
Instead of blaming other parts or getting in a fight after an accident. Stay peaceful and take the following steps when you get into an accident.
- Contact the Police
You will not be able to claim car insurance in the UAE without an accident report given by the police. So, after an accident, immediately call to police and report the incident. After contacting the police, take pictures of your damaged car as evidence because this initiative could support your insurance claim and assist in getting fair compensation. The police will examine your vehicle, the location of the incident, and the photographs. After examination, the police provide two papers (red and green) to both drivers. The red paper is given to that driver who is at fault, and the green one is for the victim. These papers are prepared to write the accident summary and contact information of both parties involved in the accident.
Motorists residing in different cities of UAE can register their minor accidents report on various apps such as the Dubai police app for Dubai residents. The Rafid accident reporting app is developed for Sharjah residents. The Abu Dhabi police app is for residents of the capital city.
- Contact your Car insurance firm.
Once you get the police report, contact your car insurance firm about the accident. To get your insurance claim, share all the accident facts with your insurance representative.
- Documents required for filing a car insurance claim in the UAE
Documents that are needed to file an insurance claim are the following:
- First information police report
- Car registration card
- Original driving license
- Filled insurance claim form
Unfortunately, during the insurance of the vehicle, people ignore to read the terms and conditions of the insurance firm so, before registering your insurance for vehicle study all terms and conditions otherwise, unawareness and lack of information about insurance claim can cause to lose the insurance claim and suffer from mental stress.
- When should you file a car insurance claim?
The victim can file car insurance under two circumstances, including:
1. When you get injured during the accident
If your body is injured due to an accident, you have the right to intimate your insurance firm immediately. It is recommended that you assess the total damage in light of your car insurance policy when filing a car insurance claim.
2. When your car is Damaged
You will be compensated if the other party damages your car with a third-party liability cover. Conversely, if you are at fault, you can only be paid if you use a comprehensive car insurance cover. Comprehensive insurance plans provide coverage to both the claimant and the driver at fault, and it also covers for damage caused to your vehicle due to natural calamities.
If you are not aware of car insurance laws and facing difficulty in claiming your insurance ELI legal advisors are 24 hours available to assist you.
Harassment laws in UAE